Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Travel Tip #18 - The Staycation

     Have you heard about the New Yorker who traveled to Arizona to see the Grand Canyon? He stopped for gas, and asked the teenager who was on duty if the Grand Canyon was as spectacular in person as it looked on TV. The teenager responded that he'd never gone to see it. The New Yorker was astounded and said, "I've driven all the way out here from New York to see this natural wonder. It's practically in your back yard. How come you've never seen it?" The boy shrugged and said, "We did go on a vacation to New York once to see the Statue of Liberty." The New Yorker paused for a moment and then sheepishly said, "You know what? I've never gone out to see the Statue of Liberty."
     Sometimes, when we live near something, we take it for granted. There are times when for one reason or another we are unable to go on vacation during our vacation time. For me, this summer was one of those times. When that happens, it's good to do a "staycation."
     A staycation doesn't mean that you spend the whole vacation watching TV, sitting in front of your computer, and doing chores around the house. While those things may each play a part in your staycation, you also have to take advantage of the opportunity to see and do things near home that you've always wanted to see or do, but have just never taken the time. On my computer, I have a list of travel ideas. Whenever I see a cool picture, or read about an interesting place, I add it to my list. It includes places I want to see from practically every state in the union as well as several foreign countries. The biggest list though is things to do in Utah. The reason is because I live in Utah, so I have more opportunities to see things locally if I just take the time.
     So, the next time you find yourself stuck at home during your vacation, take advantage of the opportunity to get out and do things that you normally don't do. It will help recharge your batteries so that you're ready to go when it's time to get back to work.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, an amazing Information dude. Thanks for sharing this nice information with us. Cheap Moonwalk Rentals in Houston

    ReplyDelete