Sunday, August 6, 2017

Travel Tip #55 - Don't Miss out on "Once in a Lifetime" Opportunities

     When I went to Rome last year, I was with a travel group. There were a couple of times in which we were given free time to do what we wanted. Since we were right next to the Castel Sant'Angelo, I wanted to check it out. I had made a couple of friends, and we headed over to see it. However, they didn't want to pay the ten euros to go inside, so we just walked around it. We also walked down next to the Tiber River and around a couple of plazas, which were nice; but the whole time I was wishing I had just gone in by myself. Who knows if I'll ever go to Rome again. If I do, I'll be sure to go inside; but in the meantime, I'm regretting the fact that I didn't take advantage of a possible "once in a lifetime" opportunity.

Castel Sant'Angelo
     So the next time you are out traveling and you are faced with a decision, ask yourself, "Will I ever get the chance to do this again?" Another question you might ask is, "If I don't do this, will I regret it?" If the reason for not doing it is because it was a little more expensive than you had hoped, go ahead and do it. When you are on a "once in a lifetime" adventure, you don't want to have any regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment